Services offered by UK Quality Infrastructure partners
UKQI partners provide a comprehensive range of consultancy services to overseas governments wanting to build the capacity of their own National Quality Infrastructure.
A customized programme is built each time to meet the specific needs of the host nation, delivered by one or more of the partner institutions.
Few other providers can match the UKQI partners’ breadth of expertise. They can provide everything necessary to build a robust National Quality Infrastructure capacity.
Capacity building services
- Needs analysis in order to target the intervention in the most efficient and effective way
- Legislative review and advice on how the regulatory framework can be improved
- Consultancy and training on:
- institutional governance
- growing the commercial independence of institutions
- improving or building a National Quality Infrastructure
- embedding the economic benefits of a National Quality Infrastructure
- Technical assistance covering standards, accreditation*, metrology and conformity assessment
- The full range of UKAS accreditations*
- Advanced accreditation services* such as of medical laboratories, diagnostic imaging services and other healthcare activities
- Training and development to help organizations reach ILAC and IAF signatory status
- Assistance with standards’ development
- Research to identify published or in-development standards in a specific area of interest
- Support with developing a standards and metrology strategy in an innovative area or emerging technology
- Standards' implementation training
- Consultancy in defining, setting up and commissioning testing facilities
- Measurement training needs analysis
- Measurement skills training
- Training for legal/regulatory metrology personnel
- Type approval services to companies manufacturing measuring instruments
- Consultancy on which measurement equipment to buy
- Measurement facility design, build, implementation and commissioning
Read our case studies to find out how UKQI partners have helped governments around the world to build their quality infrastructures.
*Note that the provision of UKAS services will be subject to European Union Regulations and the principles of ILAC and IAF policy.